10 Apr With God We Cannot be Shaken – 4/10/20
Kyle and Alyssa Schlarman
Psalm 16:7-8 – “I bless the LORD who gives my counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.”
When things are confusing or when we face something that we don’t understand, where is the first place we are tempted to turn? Maybe for some it’s a call to parents, who have more wisdom or insight than we do. Maybe it’s the internet to gather all the information that’s one click away. But when we focus all those efforts to seek our Savior and Creator, we can find true and lasting security. Whatever circumstances we find ourselves in, we can rely on Him for perfect counsel and trust in His perfect strength that He freely shares with us.
1. When the Lord is before us, we cannot be shaken. The King James Version uses the phrase, “I cannot be moved”. God is the rock and firm foundation we build our lives on (Luke 6:48). When we orient ourselves to where we are constantly able to look to Him, He becomes our source of strength. We can find comfort in the fact that you don’t have to do this life on your own. We serve and love a God that longs for us to draw near to Him.He is the God who will provide us the support and strength we need every single minute of every single day.
2. Therefore, we can bless the one who gives counsel. Isaiah 9:6 uses Wonderful Counselor to describe the character of the Son of God. He is the ultimate counselor. We can go toHim night and day, and in good and difficult times. He is there to lead and to guide us. What a gift and a blessing that is! Let’s seek His counsel today and every day!
- Pray that your heart would be open to the counsel the Lord is offering you today, and that you would be able to trust the Lord to be the immovable strength for you each day.
- Pray that as a church, we would encourage each person in the body to strive to live with Christ always before us and to share our source of strength with others around you.
- Pray that our city would continually be open to and changed by the strength and the counsel of God that Citylight displays.