09 Apr The Divine Blessing – 4/9/20
Adam and Edis Valenti
Psalm 16:5-6 – “The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.”
Let us reflect on what God is telling us in these verses. He is explaining what we have in Him and the blessing He has laid out for us now and forever.
A few thoughts from these verses:
1. God is our Everything. Upon looking at the phrase, “my chosen portion,” ask yourself, what is quantity of the portion? Is it a piece of a pie or the whole thing? But looking back at verse 2 helped me understand the extent of our portion, “I say to the LORD “you are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.”” Our portion will have to be the whole pie. The Lord is our everything, not just a piece! He satisfies our every need. Without ALL of Him we have nothing.
2. When I read, “my lot,” I think of Jesus’ words to His disciples “…I go to prepare a place for you (John 14:2).” The Lord is preparing our place in heaven. You have a lot in your heavenly dwelling waiting for you. This is our beautiful inheritance. What great news for those who are in Christ, as we look forward for that day to come. Praise God!
- Be thankful for all the Lord has done and is doing in your life. Pray that He continues to lead you. Pray that He continues to be your everything and know that you have EVERYTHING if you trust in Him.
- Pray that the Lord works in our church and opens ours eyes and hearts to continue to trust in Him and lead our church to Glorify Him and Him ONLY.
- Pray that our city will see the wonderful inheritance that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.