16 Mar God is closer than you think – 3/16/20
Psalm 46:1 – God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
This is a great place to start as we begin our journey encouraging one another with the Word of God through our daily light devotional. I want to encourage all of you to prioritize this every day so we can stay unified in heart.
Two simple thoughts from this verse:
- God is very present. In times when it feels like He is far away, the reality is that He is very near. When we are tempted to ask, where is God? The answer is that He is very near. Know this today, He is closer to you than your troubles. He is very present. In Christ we have the privilege of being close to God because He has come near to us. Be encouraged in every moment today and in every future possibility, God is very present with you.
- God is our strength. He doesn’t just give strength but is strength. The strength we receive is strength found in God Himself. And God, our strength, is very present in trouble. As you seek for strength in these times, seek the Lord. Often throughout the Scriptures it will say that the Lord is strength, instead of the Lord gives strength. For example, Psalm 28:7-8 says, “The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. The Lord is the strength of his people, the saving refuge of his anointed.” God is your strength, both now and forevermore. The Lord is the strength of His people. He doesn’t just give strength but He is strength. Run to Him today. Be strengthened in His presence. After all he is very present!
- Pray that you would experience the nearness and strength of Jesus. That this truth would come alive in your heart. God is very present with you.
- Pray that our church would be filled with faith because the Lord is our refuge and strength. Pray that we would all draw near to Him now more than we ever have before.
- Pray for our city that God would reveal Himself to many as the very present, strong refuge for them. Pray that many would be saved through these circumstances.